Top 10 Reasons to Know YOUR Research Coordinator
The responsibilities of each Research Coordinator (RC) are determined by the pre- and post-award needs of their College; most report to the Associate Dean of Research. One common responsibility is that we are all here to help faculty create winning proposals!
- YOUR Research Coordinator supports increasing the quantity AND quality of proposal submissions… leading to more awards.
- YOUR Research Coordinator serves as a liaison to the Office of Sponsored Programs, Office of Research Development, and other University offices to support preparing research proposals and administering awards.
- YOUR Research Coordinator can suggest potential research partners within your College and across the University to increase multidisciplinary research initiatives.
- YOUR Research Coordinator will help identify potential funders aligned with your research interests and provide brief one-on-one demonstrations of various funding search engines.
- YOUR Research Coordinator wants to share your passion and help strategize, shape, and sell your idea in a fundable research proposal.
- YOUR Research Coordinator is available to help whether you are a Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI, or consultant… we are here for you!
- YOUR Research Coordinator creates processes and tools to assist with submitting quality proposals (i.e. boilerplate language, proposal checklists, budget justification templates).
- YOUR Research Coordinator can serve as a “first reviewer” of final document drafts by
- reviewing drafts against RFP requirements/selection criteria and for clarity
- editing/proofreading drafts for layout, content, style, syntax, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- YOUR Research Coordinator creates processes and tools to assist with administering an award.
- YOUR Research Coordinator can help when you get stuck. Use the 10-minute rule: if you cannot find the information you need, start with us for all your pre- and post-award questions.
YOUR Research Coordinator/OSP Pre-Award Team:
College of Health Professions - Michele Dziadik-Willingham, MPA 5-5234 or mad213
Office of Sponsored Programs - Raquel Garcia Rust, MPA, CRA 5-1496 or rg1050
Grant Submissions and Awards Summaries