Admissions Process and Requirements
1. Admission to Texas State University. University application deadlines are different than the CLS Program deadline. Potential applicants are encouraged to complete the University process early to facilitate review of transcripts during the CLS program application process. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A TEXAS STATE NET ID TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE.
2. A minimum overall GPA and science GPA of 2.50 is required; however, an overall GPA and a science GPA of 3.0 is recommended in order to be competitive in the application process.
3. Science courses require a minimum of a "C" or higher.
4. Students must complete the following five prerequisite courses prior to submitting the CLS application: BIO 1330/1130, BIO 1331/1131, CHEM 1341/1141, CHEM 1342/1142, and the mathematics course. Students may only have a maximum of the nine remaining prerequisite hours, with no remaining credit hours in prerequisite science and mathematics courses prior to beginning the CLS Program. While students are encouraged to complete all prerequisite courses prior to admission, the CLS course sequence only offers 10 hours in the first fall semester and 11 hours in the first spring semester. Thus, students requiring 12 hours for full-time status in the first year of our program, you will need to save two liberal arts courses to meet this 12h requirement. Beginning Fall 2017, financial aid will only pay for classes required to get the CLS degree. Please contact the CLS Program if you have questions.
5. Completion of this Admissions Module.
6. Upload your application under the Admissions Tab found on our program's main page.
The Online CLS Application Submission is found in a drop down menu. You must upload your application by the deadline of February 15th.
7. Successful interview of selected candidate with admission committee.
8. Other requirements as necessary by clinical placements (e.g. immunizations, background check, and drug testing). These are steps taken AFTER you have been accepted.