HLC Mentors is a program to develop a stronger peer relationship among Health Administration students. Undergraduate juniors and seniors are encouraged to mentor freshman and sophomores. Second year graduate students may also mentor first year graduate students.
HLC Mentors works by providing support, leadership, and guidance for new(er) Health Administration undergraduate and graduate students.
- Offering to provide a tour of campus or San Marcos
- Providing academic support in the form of study sessions or tutoring
- Inviting the mentee to social gatherings like meals, movies, school or HLC sponsored events
Mentor Requirements for Undergraduate Students:
- Must be a second year graduate student
- Must be an HLC member with active membership in a related professional society (ACHE, HFMA, TORCH, etc.)
For more information, please refer to the HLC Mentor Application below or e-mail an HLC officer. Return your application to William Cardwell at the front desk in the HA office to be paired with a mentor.