Undergraduate Admission Requirements
To apply to HIM, you must:
1. have completed the majority of the Core and other prerequisite coursework
2. have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5
3. be eligible for admission to Texas State University. (University Application deadlines are different than the HIM Department deadline. Potential applicants are encouraged to complete the University process early to facilitate review of transcripts.)
4. Submit the Health Information application by MARCH 1 for consideration of beginning the courses in the fall. The application is available to download at our program website.
5. Early academic advisement is encouraged to determine eligibility for program application.
6. Students who have already earned the RHIT certification or have completed other degrees will be reviewed for advanced placement in the program.