How to Apply
Those who are interested in applying to the Texas State University Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency Program will submit their application using APTA's RF-PTCAS. Materials required by RF-PTCAS will be submitted through the APTA RF-PTCAS website
Supplemental materials required by the Texas State University Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency Program include:
1.) Cover letter will be submitted using APTA’s RF-PTCAS and include answers to the following questions:
- What is motivating you to participate in a neurologic physical therapy residency program?
- What goals do you hope to achieve during the residency program and what are your 5-year career goals following completion of a residency program?
- What strengths do you bring that will grant you success in the residency program?
2.) Letters of Recommendation: Three professional letters of recommendations will be required.
- At minimum, one letter should be provided by a licensed physical therapist.
- New graduates are required to submit a letter of recommendation from a current/previous clinical instructor and a second letter of recommendation from an academic faculty member. Professionals must include at least one letter of recommendation from a supervisor or clinician.
- An Applicant Rating Form should be completed by each reference and submitted with their letter of recommendation.
3.) Supplemental Application Fee
The Residency Advisory Committee will review all applications and top applicants will be invited for a formal interview at Texas State University during the spring.
- Application Deadline: February 1
- Interview Scheduled: Late March/Early April
- Applicants notified of status: April
- Didactic Training Begins: Late June/Early July
- Clinical Training Begins: Late August