To be considered for admission to the BSRC Program, applicants must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Be admitted to Texas State University
- Complete all RC Pre-requisite courses with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Download the BSRC Application here
- Download the RC Pre-requisite courses here
- STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: Complete RC 2213, Introduction to Respiratory Care (Elective course), with a minimum earned grade of “C” offered on the Texas State University campus each spring semester and on-line during the summer.
- Follow the instructions and be sure to submit the application, 3 references, 1 written statement as to WHY you should be considered by the Admission Committee as a RC major and the completed ADA form. Submit completed Admissions packet by May 1.
|Department of Respiratory Care|
|Mean of ACT Composite||20.6|
|Mean of SAT_TOTAL||984.4|
|Specific Program Requirements|
|Pre-requisite GPA||2.50 each year|
|Mean GPA of Applicants||3.29||3.12||3.27||3.30|
Multiculturalism and Sexual Harassment
Texas State believes in freedom of thought, innovation and creativity and consequently it seeks to encourage diversity of thought and to nurture sensitivity, tolerance and mutual respect. Discriminating against or harassing anyone based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or disability is inconsistent with the University’s purpose and will result in appropriate disciplinary actions. Any student who believes he/she has been a victim of discrimination or has observed incidents of discrimination should call the Dean of Students at 512-245-2124, or the Department Chair. Texas State does not allow sexual harassment. Should a Texas State student believe himself/herself to have been sexually harassed, he/she should contact the Dean of Students. Texas State enforces a strict drug policy. Texas State complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), protecting certain confidentiality rights of students.