RRT to BSRC Online Program
RRT-to-BSRC Online Degree Completion Program
The RRT-to-BSRC online completion program provides a degree advancement opportunity for associate degree level respiratory care graduates from across the state and country through additional knowledge, skills, and attributes in leadership, management, education, research, and/or critical care necessary to meet advancing professional goals. Completion of the Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care (BSRC) degree from Texas State University through an online delivery format will prepare therapists for practice as advanced degree respiratory therapists and provide significant opportunities for jobs requiring an advanced degree for the working therapist.
- Completed online ApplyTexas application (https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX)
- Successful completion of the Texas State general education core curriculum
- Successful completion of the BSRC Respiratory Care pre-requisite courses
- Graduate of a CoARC accredited entry-level Respiratory Care program from a regionally accredited institution
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) national credential through the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Submit BSRC Respiratory Care Program Application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Letter of intent for completing BSRC degree at Texas State
Full-time Course Sequence (following completion of core curriculum)
|Fall - 12 hours|
|RC 4314||Advanced Ventilator Concepts||3|
|RC 4317||Pulmonary Rehabilitation||3|
|RC 4309||Pulmonary Diagnostics||3|
|RC 4321||Leadership, Management, Education (WI)||3|
|Spring - 12 hours|
|RC 3232||Hemodynamic Diagnostics||2|
|RC 4311||Interdisciplinary Healthcare (WI)||3|
|RC 4211||Respiratory Care Research||2|
|RC 4216||Disease Management||2|
|RC 4324||Sleep Medicine and Polysomnography||3|
|Summer - 8 hours|
|RC 4224||Research Seminar||2|
|RC 4333||Neonatal Critical Care||3|
|RC 4334||Adult Critical Care (WI)||3|
Why Choose the RRT-to-BSRC Online Degree Completion Program from Texas State University?
- The entire curriculum is online: The entire RRT-to-BSRC Online Degree Completion Program is available online (including prerequisites)
- Each class is only 8 weeks long: Courses in our program are offered in an 8-week format versus a traditional 16-week semester.
- Complete your BSRC in 1 year: A full time student can finish in as little as 1 year following the completion core curriculum.
- Career Enrichment: Courses are designed to provide professional enrichment for the practicing respiratory therapists.
- Become a Bobcat today: Texas State University offers extension courses that allow online students complete core curriculum 100% online. http://www.studyanywhere.txstate.edu/
- Enroll any semester: We will admit our first cohort in the Fall Semester of 2018. A new cohort will be accepted every semester following our inaugural semester.