The College of Health Professions Advising Center requires an appointment to meet with an advisor. You may schedule an appointment by calling the Health Professions Advising Center's main office at 512-245-3506. During busy times of the year, such as registration or orientation, we recommend calling several days in advance to ensure an appointment time that meets your scheduling needs. We are unable to schedule appointments by email.
The College of Health Professions Academic Advising Center provides academic advising activities that support undergraduate students seeking admission to a health professions program offered within the College of Health Professions at Texas State University-San Marcos.
The Advising Center provides academic advising and assists with the course selection and the development of class schedules for the following students:
- Pre-Communication Disorders
- Pre-Radiation Therapy
- Pre-Respiratory Care
- Undeclared students interested in majors within the College of Health Professions
The College of Health Professions Academic Advising Center also:
- Distributes information regarding all of the undergraduate programs within the College of Health Professions, including: Clinical Laboratory Science, Communication Disorders, Healthcare Administration, Health Information Management, Radiation Therapy, and Respiratory Care. Information is also available for the graduate programs in Communication Disorders, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Human Resources, Health Research, and Physical Therapy.
- Distributes information regarding the minors offered within the College of Health Professions.
- Serves as a liaison for the various academic units within the college.
- Updates degree audits for all Health Professions undergraduate students.
- Assists with graduation planning, preparation, application, and verification.
- Provides information about and gives approval for correspondence courses, study abroad courses, and off-campus courses.
- Provides advising for students on scholastic probation and suspension.
- Verifies the transferability of courses.
- Provides information about and advising on the excess hours policy, tuition rebate policy, and multiple repeat policy.
Learn more of the Health Professions Advising Center at