Speech & Language Services
We offer comprehensive assessment services in the areas of speech, language, and hearing. Assessment time and fees vary, depending on the nature of your concern. Fees range from $20 for a complete speech-language and hearing screening to $200 for a more comprehensive battery of tests. For more information about audiology services, please see our audiology page.
Intervention programs vary depending on the nature and severity of the communication disorder, the person's age, and individual concerns. Therapy is provided for children and adults and may be scheduled for individual or group sessions. Parents of children in therapy as well as family members or caregivers of adult clients receive information regarding the person's progress and ways to facilitate communication skills outside the clinic.
Parent groups are offered for those who want to learn how to facilitate their children's language development at home. Therapy and testing services are offered in both English and Spanish. Client services at the Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic are provided by CDIS Department graduate students and their clinical supervisors. The Clinic's staff includes certified and licensed speech-language pathologists and audiologists.
In accordance with the Texas State University policy, no person shall be excluded from participation in, or be subject to discrimination by the Texas State University Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic on any basis prohibited by applicable law, including, but not limited to, race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, ability to pay or disability. Assessment and intervention services related to speech and language include:
- Accent Modification
- Articulation Disorders
- Bilingual and multilingual speech and language differences due to regional dialect or English Language Learners
- Language delay or disorders due to developmental disorders
- Fluency disorders
- Voice disorders related to overuse, pathology, and reflux
- Speech and Language difficulties related to Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Disorders of speech and language due to neurological damage or disease (e.g. CVA, acquired brain injury, ALS, etc.)
- Language learning disorders (oral and written) related to learning disabilities
- Reading and Writing Disorders
- Swallowing disorders/Dysphagia management
For additional information:
Contact the Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic at 512-245-8241,
or e-mail: email@example.com
Texas State University
The Department of Communication Disorders
Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic, HPB 101
601 University Drive
San Marcos, Texas 78666