Rosaura Aguirre is the Research Coordinator for the College of Health Professions. She received her two bachelor's degrees - Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Bachelor of Arts in Spanish - from Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi. She has extensive experience in project coordination, some of which included the support and organization of a non-profit in the Coastal Bend area in South Texas, and at the university level. With thirteen plus years of university experience, she was part of the staff at: The University of Texas at Austin's School of Nursing Family Wellness Center; University of Texas at Dallas' Office of Research & the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering & Computer Science; Texas A&M - Corpus Christi's Office of Institutional Advancement; and, the University of California, Santa Barbara's Office of Human Resources. She brings with her years of experience in grant work, to include working with grant proposals and implementing funding guidelines along with grant-writing and follow-up reporting. As the Texas State University College of Health Professions Office of Research's Research Coordinator, she hopes to make the grant search, proposal process and post-award reporting easier, assisting faculty with their research efforts through grant funding. Aguirre's work-in-progress continues through the completion of her certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council.
Ms. Aguirre is housed on the Round Rock campus.
Top 10 Reasons to Know YOUR Research Coordinator
The responsibilities of each Research Coordinator (RC) are determined by the pre- and post-award needs of their College; most report to the Associate Dean of Research. One common responsibility is that we are all here to help faculty create winning proposals!
- YOUR Research Coordinator supports increasing the quantity AND quality of proposal submissions… leading to more awards.
- YOUR Research Coordinator serves as a liaison to the Office of Sponsored Programs, Office of Research Development, and other University offices to support preparing research proposals and administering awards.
- YOUR Research Coordinator can suggest potential research partners within your College and across the University to increase multidisciplinary research initiatives.
- YOUR Research Coordinator will help identify potential funders aligned with your research interests and provide brief one-on-one demonstrations of various funding search engines.
- YOUR Research Coordinator wants to share your passion and help strategize, shape, and sell your idea in a fundable research proposal.
- YOUR Research Coordinator is available to help whether you are a Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI, or consultant… we are here for you!
- YOUR Research Coordinator creates processes and tools to assist with submitting quality proposals (i.e. boilerplate language, proposal checklists, budget justification templates).
- YOUR Research Coordinator can serve as a “first reviewer” of final document drafts by
- reviewing drafts against RFP requirements/selection criteria and for clarity
- editing/proofreading drafts for layout, content, style, syntax, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- YOUR Research Coordinator creates processes and tools to assist with administering an award.
- YOUR Research Coordinator can help when you get stuck. Use the 10-minute rule: if you cannot find the information you need, start with us for all your pre- and post-award questions.