The College of Health Professions Academic Advising Center provides academic advising activities that support undergraduate students seeking admission to a health professions program offered within the College of Health Professions at Texas State University.
The Advising Center provides academic advising and assists with the course selection and the development of class schedules for the following students:
- Pre-Clinical Laboratory Science
- Pre-Communication Disorders
- Pre-Health Information Management
- Pre-Radiation Therapy
- Pre-Respiratory Care
- Health Sciences
The College of Health Professions Academic Advising Center also:
- Distributes information regarding all of the undergraduate programs within the College of Health Professions, including: Clinical Laboratory Science, Communication Disorders, Healthcare Administration, Health Information Management, Radiation Therapy, and Respiratory Care. Information is also available for the graduate programs in Communication Disorders, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Human Resources, Health Research, Health Information Management, and Physical Therapy.
- Distributes information regarding the minors offered within the College of Health Professions.
- Serves as a liaison for the various academic units within the college.
- Updates degree audits for all Health Professions undergraduate students.
- Assists with graduation planning, preparation, application, and verification.
- Provides information about and gives approval for correspondence courses, study abroad courses, and off-campus courses.
- Provides advising for students on scholastic probation and suspension.
- Verifies the transferability of courses.
- Provides information about and advising on the excess hours policy, tuition rebate policy, and multiple repeat policy.