This form can be used to have your department advising hold lifted if you feel comfortable selecting your schedule on your own without having an academic advising appointment. Please do not use the form if:
- You have questions or concerns about meeting graduation requirements
- You have questions or concerns about degree requirements or your Degree Audit, including missing or misplaced coursework
- You would like to discuss changing your minor and have questions about the new minor. If you already know what you would like to switch to, please complete the online Minor Change form first before completing this form.
If any of these apply to you, please make an appointment with a Health Professions advisor instead.
We will process requests as quickly as possible in the order they were received. Due to the volume of requests, allow 3 business days to process your request.
For more information on using and understanding your degree audit, please see the below linked guide on Degree Works:
Degree Works Guide
Please review the following requirements to graduate with a Bachelors of Science in Health Sciences:
- 2.0 Texas State GPA
- 2.25 Major GPA
- 2.0 Minor GPA
- 120 credit hours minimum
- A maximum of 66-74 hours from a community/junior college may apply towards the 120 hour minimum requirement
- 24 of your last 30 hours must be earned at Texas State
- 36 advanced hours minimum (3000 or 4000 level courses)
- 30 hours total must be completed at Texas State. At least 24 of these hours must be advanced
- 9 hours minimum of writing intensive coursework
Example: BIO 2440, HA 3324, HIM 2360, Minor course