SERTOMA International Facts
What is SERTOMA International?
SERTOMA (SErvice TO MAnkind) International is a non-profit, civic organization with more than 650 clubs across Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the United States. Every year, SERTOMA clubs raise more than $20 million for community needs. Through these projects, as well as scholarships and grants, SERTOMA clubs return those funds to their respective communities.
What are some projects SERTOMA International promotes?
· SERTOMA’s primary service project is assisting the more than 50 million people with speech, hearing, and language disorders.
· SERTOMA also sponsors community projects to promote freedom and democracy, to assist youth and to benefit a variety of other local community needs, as selected and funded by individual clubs.
· Projects funded include; summer camps for youth with hearing loss, Fantasy Sports Camps, speech and hearing equipment and screening programs, projects that meet the needs of children and the elderly, the purchase of school and fire equipment, computer software and hardware, wheelchairs, hearing aids and other communication devices, drug prevention programs, playground or athletic field development, historical preservation and beautification projects, guide dogs for the blind and more.
What are the benefits of membership in SERTOMA International?
· Camaraderie, fun and life-long friendships.
· Leadership training and personal growth opportunities.
· Networking and learning about your community and its priorities.
· An opportunity to make a real difference!
How do I contact SERTOMA International?
Mailing Address: 1912 E. Meyer Blvd. Kansas City, Missouri 64132-1174
Phone: (816) 333-8300
Fax: (816) 333-4320