Steps to apply to MHA (or EMHA)
This is a fairly complicated question because so many variables are involved. Texas resident at 13 credit hours (fall 2019) = $5,354.
Our MHA program is 51-53 semester hours, so the answer will be based on course load: full-time = 5 semesters. See the Degree Plan page for more.
Application Requirements (no exceptions granted unless otherwise indicated) Upload documents to The Graduate College
- Complete an online application ($55 nonrefundable application fee) OR ($90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials)
- Review important information about the online application and application fees
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- Official transcripts from each institution where course credit was granted
- Background course work in statistics, economics, and financial accounting (to be completed before the start of the program)
- Official GRE scores
- Preferred minimum of 575 on your admissions index: (last 60 hours GPA x 100) + GRE verbal section scores + GRE quantitative section scores
- Resume/CV, including relevant experience (volunteer, research, employment, other)
- Statement of purpose indicating your ability and interest in completing the degree program in healthcare administration
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from professionals or academics competent to assess your interest in pursuing a career in healthcare administration
- Interview with the graduate advisor, assessing your commitment to completing the program
*In addition to the items above, some students with international components to their application may need to submit the following items:
- $50 nonrefundable international evaluation fee
- Official TOEFL iBT scores with a minimum 85**
- IELTS scores of 6.5 overall with minimum section scores of 6.0*
- Official international transcripts and diploma
**unless you have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on The Graduate College’s exempt countries list
For additional information on admissions, please visit us here.