Pre-Physical Therapy Student Organization
The purpose of the Pre-Physical Therapy Organization (PPTO) is to educate students about current issues surrounding the Physical Therapy field and to provide an outlet of information to students who are interested in physical therapy graduate programs at Texas State or elsewhere!
PPTO also helps students find volunteer or observation opportunities that will help to familiarize them with PT and may also count for community service/awareness hours.
- Guest lecturers from Physical Therapy schools in the state
- Informational sessions from PTs within various specialties
- Advice on classes and professors
- Fundraising and community service efforts
- Scholarship opportunities and information
- Networking within organization for employment
- Efficient access to graduate application materials
- Opportunities for clinical observation and volunteer work
- Mentor program for underclassmen or new transfer students
PPTO meetings are held every other Wednesday during the Fall/Spring semesters from 6:30pm-7:30pm at LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED, we will send out an email once the location is established.
DUES: $25/semester or $35/year to cover the following costs:
- PPTO t-shirt
- Discounts at social events
- Snacks for meetings
- Organization functions within the academic year
Visit our PPTO Facebook Group page for updated information.
President: Gia Coppola, email@example.com
Vice President: Priya Nair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer/Fundraising Chair: Emily Rosa, email@example.com
Secretary: Idalmis Ortega, firstname.lastname@example.org
Historian: Christine Lockwood, email@example.com
Recruitment Chair: Julie Serrano, firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Chair: Cash Kelso, email@example.com
Public Relations Chair: Taylor Chevalier, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: Dr. Steve Spivey, email@example.com
Q's or comments? Contact the PPTO Officers and check the PPTO bulletin board in Jowers!
We will post announcements through Canvas, Instagram, and flyers on our PPTO Bulletin Board in Jowers and around campus during the Fall & Spring Semesters!
If you need to add the "Pre-PTOrg" tab to your Canvas site, please send a request via email to the PPTO President, Gia Coppola at firstname.lastname@example.org