Career Opportunities for CLS Graduates
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Hillcrest Waco, Texas
Has two lab positions open.
Please go to jobs.bswhealth.com and look at 17018682 and 17021725 in the Search Jobs box.
100 Hillcrest Medical Blvd, Waco, TX 78732
We have posted two positions for the SA (San Antonio, TX)– IRL (Immunohematology Reference Laboratory/Blood Bank), If you now anyone who may be interested have them apply:
1. Medical Laboratory Scientists - Monday to Friday, 1pm to 930pm, on-call, rotating weekends
2. Medical Laboratory Scientists - Monday to Friday, 3pm to 1130pm, on-call, rotating weekends
We have posted one positions for the ATL (Atlanta, GA) – IRL (Immunohematology Reference Laboratory/Blood Bank), If you now anyone who may be interested have them apply:
Medical Laboratory Scientists - Monday to Friday, 3pm to 1130pm, on-call, rotating weekends
Lorena Aranda MSHS, MT,BB,SBB (ASCP) CM |Director
Immunohematology Reference Laboratory
6211 IH 10 West | San Antonio, TX 78201
W: 210-731-5555 ext. 1360 | F: 210-249-4417
This is the direct link to the open position.
Medical Center of Southeast Texas
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas, located in Port Arthur, TX currently has 2 full time positions open for Medical Laboratory Scientists. One is a 7 on/7 off evening position and one is a 7 on/7 off night position. Both positions are for generalists. The generalist will rotate in Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank and Microbiology. The ideal candidate will have a BS in Medical Laboratory Science with ASCP certification or ASCP eligible.
The Medical Center offers a broad spectrum of healthcare services to meet the diverse needs of its community. The hospital is focused on quality and on building centers of excellence, especially in the areas of cardiology, emergency medicine and women’s health. The Medical Center of SETX offers competitive salaries and benefits, opportunities for career advancement, and education programs.
Apply on-line at medicalcentersetexas.com.
Assistant Laboratory Director
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Blood Bank – Medical Technologist Section Chief Role Fort Worth, TX
Seeking a Medical Technologist with at least 3 years of experience in Blood Bank
This Acute Care >100-bed Hospital Laboratory offers a unique opportunity to step into leadership and use your skills to develop new procedures and grow LIS
Joint Commission Accredited with Inpatient, Outpatient, Medical, Surgical, & Emergency Care
- Independently perform a wide variety of duties within the areas of automated and manual testing
- Develop new/modified procedures and technical review and monitoring of present procedures
- Coordinate quality control, quality assurance, and proficiency testing activities
- Staff competency assessment and identification of staff training needs
- Provide technical expertise needed to establish compliance with any of the accreditation agencies’ requirements – JCAHO Accredited
- Perform bench work in the Blood Bank when required
- Be the technical consultant and resource for staff. Plan, organize, and coordinate the work of others
Schedule: M-F Day Shift (start time about 7-7:30am)
- Seeking a Medical Technologist (ASCP) with three years of recent experience in BB
- Capable of immunohematology testing, blood product preparation and administration
- Leadership experience
- SBB Certification is not required for consideration
- Mid-Range $70,000
- Plus, Relocation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits
Fort Worth is appealing, affordable, and exciting
A modern city that offers affordable neighborhoods, plus a world-class school system and a Top 10 Downtown. There are a variety of housing options in the area; and the cost of living is nearly 14% below the national average!
The culture scene is enviable with an abundance of shopping and dining in the 35-block Sundance Square, or catch a show at Bass Performance Hall. Dine in one of many Fort Worth Restaurants offering everything from Tex-Mex and BBQ to world-class cuisine. Stroll through the Museum of Living Art at the top-ranked Fort Worth Zoo. The Fort Worth Stockyards are home to rodeos, shops, and dining. Experience the Texas Motor Speedway!
For complete details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Patty Wyatt / 469.626.5161
Full-Time + Excellent Benefits
(Employer paid medical and dental)
Job Summary:Performs and reports results for routine and specialized clinical laboratory analyses, in accordance with established protocols, on specimens of all types. Assists Lead Medical Technologist and Laboratory Director as needed.
Qualifications:Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or related field and MT certification by ASCP or equivalent certifying agency
- graduate of an accredited school of Medical Technology and/or experience level for certification as required by Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI)
- 3-5 years MT experience in an acute care facility with chemistry experience
- ability to perform in all areas of Medical Technology
- numerical, clerical and computer skills required
- ability to effectively communicate
- critical thinking skills necessary
To apply, please visit www.grmedcenter.com and click on "CAREERS AND VOLUNTEERING", "LEARN MORE" next to Prospective Employees and "AVAILABLE POSITIONS". An Adobe format of the application is available to complete, save to your computer and email to email@example.com
PPD - Medical Technologist I
Pharmaceutical Product Development in Austin has an opening on the second shift. Hours are Monday-Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm, scheduling includes working 1 weekend per month, 1 holiday per year, and offers a shift differential.
Position description and necessary qualifications are posted under the following link, job number is 131376.
PATHOLOGY/LAB - HIRING EVENT
Saturday, January 23, 2016
10:00am - 2:00pm
Baylor Scott & White Hospital - Temple
Human Resource, Building 17
2401 S. 31st St., Temple, TX 76508
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientists - requires Bachelor’s Degree
(Min or no experience)
Medical Lab Techs – requires Associates Degree (min or no experience)
Clinical Lab Techs – (Min/no experience)
Phlebotomist/ Spam Techs – (Min/no experience)
Hiring locations: Waco, Temple, College Station, Marble Falls & Round Rock
Find your calling at jobs.baylorscottandwhite.com
Some have jobs. We have a calling. On-site. Interviews
Allied Search Partners
Medical Technologist (Healthcare Sciences / Medical Laboratory)
Allied Search Partners is the national expert of laboratory recruitment. We are looking for an experienced Medical Technologist to fill a role located in Eagle Pass, TX. Founded in 2008, Allied Search Partners is a contingent recruitment firm specializing in the placement of talented laboratory professionals at hospitals, laboratories, and healthcare facilities across the nation.
Taking the right step requires the right opportunity, Allied Search Partners can help! Our talent management professionals know what it takes to advance your career. Our highly skilled recruiters treat each candidate with compassion and dignity. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the healthcare sciences field as a laboratory technologist, we want to talk to you!
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to: http://alliedsearchpartners.com/
Position Title: Medical Technologist
Shift: Full Time/Night Shift
Location: Eagle Pass, TX
To apply: Please send resume to Melissa@alliedsearchpartners.com or fax to 888 388 7572. No other information about the location or name of facility is given at this time.
We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
- Forwarding your resume by way of fax, email or applying to our online job posting or replying with your resume to a job announcement acknowledges the fact that you are allowing Allied Search Partners to represent your resume for said position and gives Allied Search Partners consent to send your resume to our client for said position, also understanding that further communication may or may not be initiated at the time of resume submission by Allied Search Partners.
Medical Technologist - Healthcare Sciences (Medical Laboratory)
Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform phlebotomy duties for neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. Performs clinical laboratory testing requiring the exercise of independent judgment and discretion as per established procedures that includes: Bacteriology, Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology/Coagulation, Serology, and Urinalysis using high tech and state of the art equipment and facilities.
Medical Technologist - Healthcare Sciences (Medical Laboratory)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Field Of Study: Chemical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology
Licensure/Registration: Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or categorical/specialist certification in a laboratory discipline from ASCP or certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) from HEW or AMT or completion of a Military training course as a Medical Laboratory Specialist. Certification [MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(HEW)] preferred within one year of employment.
Medical Technologist - Healthcare Sciences (Medical Laboratory)
Connecting the Right Talent to the Right Organization!
To view a complete list of Allied Search Partners current openings go to: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/alliedsearchpartners/en-us/all-jobs/United-States/
President, Laboratory Staffing
Allied Search Partners
T: 888.388.7571 ext. 102
Houston Methodist West Hospital is located in West Houston just east of the Katy area at Interstate 10 and Barker Cypress.
We are looking for Medical Technologists interested in serving our patients and community.
Click on the link below to go straight to our hospital careers web page for more information:
- JOB SUMMARY
- Responsible for the analysis of laboratory specimens and subsequent result reporting according to laboratory protocol and procedures to fulfill the requests of the prescribing physician. Performs clinical testing in any or all of the following laboratory areas: blood bank, chemistry, coagulation, hematology, immunology, microbiology, and urinalysis. The technologist works independently, organizing work to meet established deadlines.
- Required: Post High School Education
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
- Required: Science
- Preferred: Medical Technology
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: 1-2 years
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: N/A
- Required: MT (ASCP), or equivalent
- Preferred: Training in an NAACLS Accredited Program
- Performs in all assigned areas of the laboratory. Provides accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures to fulfill the requests of the prescribing physician.
- Reports test results in a timely manner and according to established laboratory protocol and procedures to ensure that all patients receive appropriate treatment promptly.
- Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control and reports discrepancies to the appropriate supervisor to guarantee the lab maintains utmost quality.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed maintenance on instruments and equipment as appropriate, to ensure that all equipment is in working order. Performs calibration of equipment as required. Troubleshoots instruments, equipment, reagents, and patient specimens when problems occur. Notifies the supervisor if unable to solve the problem.
- Attends educational conferences and seminars to stay abreast of laboratory methodology, instrumentation, procedures, and policies to offer the highest quality testing to the laboratory.
- Dependable and is punctual as defined by department policy to ensure that work is started and completed on time. Follows department rules regarding scheduling and schedule changes. Demonstrates willingness to adjust schedule to meet departmental needs. Takes calls according to department policy.
- Complies with established laboratory and hospital policies for universal precautions and safety procedures to protect all patients and staff. When handling blood and/or body fluids, standard precaution procedures will be followed in order to minimize exposure to infectious diseases. Safety policies and procedures will be followed when using chemicals.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Reads and follows all organizational and departmental policies and procedures to remain in good standing with the organization and leads by example. Assists in updating policy and procedure manuals.
- Attends all required safety training programs to stay abreast of latest safety precautions and procedures, and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job related hazards. Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
Based in Bryan/College Station, Texas, St. Joseph Health System is an award-winning, not-for-profit health care network established by of the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio in 1936. Our system includes a Lead Level III Trauma Center, a rehabilitation center, three critical access hospitals, eight rural health clinics, two long-term care centers and multiple physician practices.
2550 N. Esplanade • Cuero, Texas 77954 Main Line: 361-275-6191
Medical Lab tech position
10 am – 6:30 pm Monday –Friday shift. Will be required to learn microbiology so that person could work every 4th weekend 6 am – 2 pm.
Medical Technologist - Austin, TX
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently looking for a Medical Technologist for a genetic testing company in Austin, TX that develops and commercializes non-invasive methods for analyzing DNA. The position will be responsible for performing moderate and high complexity genetic testing. Ideal person must follow strict laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient results. This is a DAY position and would require working either Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs.
- Perform pre-analytical tasks (receipt, qualification, and preparation of samples for testing) and highly complex testing on patients, donors, and/or biologic products.
- Evaluate test results in an accurate and timely manner, and recognize and report unusual test results.
- Coordinate sending of specimens to and receiving results from outside laboratories
- Integrate test results into reports
- Review clinical test results of molecular genetic testing
- Performing, evaluating, and reporting laboratory tests by current testing methodologies.
BS in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science or related
Current ASCP, CLS and/or CGMBS licensure
Minimum 1 year work experience in a clinical laboratory environment as an ASCP-Certified Med Tech
Why Kelly Scientific Resources?
We have been partnering with the Austin and San Antonio Scientific community for over 15 years to provide temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire staffing solutions! With Kelly Scientific Resources, you will not only benefit locally but you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 97 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly Scientific Resources fuel your career— connect with us today!
For immediate consideration for this and other opportunities please contact Delma Lopez: Delma_Lopez@kellyscientific.com
210-384-8290 OR 512-219-5937
Medical Laboratory Scientists
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
The candidate will be responsible for basic specimen processing and testing to assist physicians in the diagnosis of patients.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a related science field, from a regionally accredited college or university.
Must be certified by one of the following:
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) - Department of Health Services (HHS) formally (HEW)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) - American Medical Technologist (AMT)
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to follow all laboratory procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of laboratory techniques.
- Must be able to satisfactorily operate, maintain, and troubleshoot a variety of laboratory
- Must be able to identify and appropriately address problems adversely affecting test results.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records, follow oral and written instructions, and
communicate effectively with various hospital personnel and medical staff.
- Must be able to use laboratory and hospital computer systems appropriately to accomplish assigned work within three months of employment.
To apply, visit: https://www.parklandcareers.com/
ALL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE ARE ARCHIVED FROM PAST YEARS - PRIMARY CONTACT INFORMATION IS LEFT FOR POSSIBLE USE BUT JOBS MAY NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE
Transfusion Services - Chief Technologist IV
Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking an energetic task oriented individual to serve as Chief Technologist for our high profile nationally-recognized transfusion service. The Chief Technologist serves as the primary technical consultant and technical expert for the transfusion service at Baylor Scott & White Memorial Hospital in Temple. This Technologist develops and maintains technical protocols and quality control programs, evaluates and reviews laboratory testing and analyses / result interpretations, ensures all equipment is properly maintained according to manufacturer and current regulations and verifies all personnel are properly trained and competent in their job duties. Other responsibilities include the management of transfusion operations including budget, staffing, personnel development, oversight of CLS students during laboratory rotations, oversight / completion of validation projects (including computer upgrades) and inventory control for the entire Central Division of Baylor Scott & White Health. This challenging position serves as a member of numerous committees and liaison to numerous other hospital and division committees, in addition to representing the transfusion service during inspections from outside organizations such as CAP, AABB and FDA.
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MT or MLS from ASCP or AMT
Apply online at jobs.baylorscottandwhite.com/
254-724-7133 for more information.
Join Baylor Scott & White Health
Explore a system of rewards and unmatched opportunities with health care's brightest minds.
Turn talent into success with Baylor Scott & White Health.
Baylor Health Care System, based in Dallas, and Scott & White Healthcare, based in Temple, Texas, have formed a new organization that combines the strengths of their two nationally recognized health systems. For an industry undergoing fundamental changes, Baylor Scott & White Health provides a new vision and more resources, offering patients continued exceptional care. Baylor Scott & White Health includes 43 hospitals, more than 500 patient care sites, more than 6,000 affiliated physicians, 34,000 employees and the Scott & White health plan.
Baylor Scott & White Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Baylor does not accept unsolicited resumes sent by or on behalf of a third party agency or firm. Baylor Scott & White Health will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed “Baylor Scott & White Health Agency Fee Agreement.
|120 E. Harris Ave, San Angelo, TX 76903|
|Online Applications: www.shannonhealth.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Accountability Service Pride Integrity Respect Excellence|
|Positions may be filled prior to removal from job posting. We will accept applications for all licensed, registered and certified positions however this does not guarantee there is a job opening.|
Applications are being accepted for the following open positions:
POSITION: Medical Technologist / Medical Lab Technician
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors degree or Associates degree in medical technology or related science or graduation from an accredited school for Medical Technology. ASCP Board of Registry (or eligible) or equivalent preferred.
STATUS: Full Time (2 positions) - Part Time (1 position) - As Needed (1 position)
No Closing Date
Medical Technologist Position from AEROTEK Recruiting:
- Perform, analyze, review and report test results and quality control results for Chemistry, Molecular, or Hematology tests.
- Follows lab procedures
- Understands and follows all safety, infection control, and OSHA blood borne pathogen guidelines.
- Work Environment: Works in a temperature controlled environment with constant exposure to biological and chemical hazards.
- May be asked to work with time constraints and in crisis situations
- Candidate from a small hospital tend to not work well in this environment. Large scale, high volume facility.
- Shift will be on first shift and shifts start between 6am-9am depending on team.
Qualifications: BS degree in Medical Technology or Molecular Biology. ASCP certification (American Society of Clinical Pathologists) Clinical laboratory Science or MT. - One year of laboratory experience
Performance Expectations: Being able to perform lab tests safetly and by the labs procedures. Ability to read and interpret technical reports. Communicate with laboratory and laboratory clients.
AEROTEK 901 South MoPac Expressway-Building III Suite 300, Austin, TX 78746
Peterson Regional Medical Center, Kerville, TX
Multiple open positions for FT and PRN MTs. Positions needed are for Chemistry, Hematology and Blood Bank. Beginning base pay is $19.88 with additional differentials for BB, nights and weekends. Please contact: Deborah Zink, MBA, MT(ASCP), Director of Laboratory
Peterson Regional Medical Center
551 Hill Country Drive
Kerrville, Texas 78028
(830) 258-7378 Office
(830) 258-7035 Fax
QualTex Laboratories, San Antonio, Texas
QualTex Laboratories an affiliate of the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center (STBTC) seeks several skilled individuals for the Immunohematology Reference Laboratories at our Norcross, Georgia & San Antonio, Texas locations. Duties include compatibility testing, receiving/processing orders & complex secondary procedures, such as antibody identification, antibody titration and RBC genotyping/phenotyping. Must be able to prioritize, reprioritize, and handle deadlines & emergency requests. QualTex Laboratories screens millions of whole blood and plasma donations for infectious agents each year for biotechnology companies locally and across the globe. Qualifications required include a Bachelors of Science degree and national certification such as MT/CLS or MLS (ASCP) or within 6 months of exam and prior BB experience. For further information, visit our website http://www.qualtexlabs.org/ Please include job code from website on all submissions.
Shift differential is: Evening 5:01 pm -10:00 pm - $2.55 Night 10:01 pm – 6:59am - $3.60 Weekend Saturday from 12:00 am – Sunday 11:59 pm - $3.70
Here's a great resource on Graduate Programs.
Hill Country Memorial Hospital, Fredericksburg, Texas
Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist Positions
Alysha Metzger, Senior Director
Hill Country Memorial Hospital
1020 S St Hwy 16
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Telephone (830) 990-6118 / Fax (830) 990-1595
Phone: 918-421-8173 Fax: 918-421-8041
Seton Network, Central Texas
Discover the rewards of working with an outstanding team at one our 9 hospital laboratories in and around Austin. Our full service laboratories support phlebotomy, chemistry, hematology, coagulation, microbiology, cytology, histology, bloodbank, IHC immunology, EM-electro microscopy, virology and molecular diagnostics. We are currently seeking CLS/MT graduates who are certified or will be taking their certification in the next 12 months.
Join one of the Top 100 healthcare systems in the nation. Put the concept of care back into your career at Seton.
View these and our other laboratory postings and apply online at seton.net/careers
For more information contact:
Texas Oncology South Austin
4101 James Casey St. 100, Austin, Texas, 78745 6/4/2012
If you are interested in applying, you can get details by going to www.MDAnderson.org < http://www.MDAnderson.org>
Select Careers, Search Current Openings, and type “Bastrop” in the Located Near field.
Follow the instructions for applying online.
The position is for a generalist. Working hours are Monday thru Friday, 8am to 5pm.
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
Michale E. Keeling Center for Comparative Medicine and Research
Dept. of Veterinary Sciences
650 Cool Water Drive
Bastrop, Texas 78602
Fax: (512) 332-5344
Austin Regional Clinic, Austin, Texas
Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist
Full time, Part-time & PRN positions available
Austin Regional Clinic/CMS is one of the largest multispecialty medical groups based in the Greater Austin area. We provide comprehensive, accessible, quality health care to individuals and families in Central Texas. Our doctors, health care providers, staff and patients work as a team to provide personalized quality care. While our front-line team members are most visible, our behind-the-scenes experts are an integral part of our health care team. We invite you to become part of our team.
We currently have full time, part time and PRN Medical Technologist positions available at various locations in the Austin and surrounding area.
Please visit our website for more information and to apply online: http://www.austinregionalclinic.com/careers/job_listings
ARC/CMS Human Resources Department
512.231.5560 - Direct Line
512.231.5562 - HR Main Line
512.231.5576 - Fax
To view our current job openings, please visit www.AustinRegionalClinic.com/Careers <http://www.austinregionalclinic.com/Careers> .
Columbus Community Hospital, Columbus, Texas