BHA applicants meeting the minimum criteria listed below will be considered for program admission:
- Completion of all general education core and support courses with a “C” or better in the following courses: MATH 1315 or an equivalent, ECO 2301 or 2314, HP 3325 or an equivalent, and HA 3308.
- Texas State GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Pass a writing exam
The application packet to the BHA program should be submitted by the posted deadline. Packet requirements are:
- Statement of Purpose
- Include Name, Date, & Semester Applying For at the top
- Address to "BHA Admissions Committee"
- Sign statement at the bottom
- If you are currently taking any courses at a different institution, please include that course schedule
- Scan & email (as one PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Statement of Purpose is a short essay that explains why you wish to be admitted to this program. It provides information about your interest in the health administration profession. The essay should be no longer than one single-spaced page. Be sure to check your essay’s grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
REQUIRED INTERVIEW - Prior to the application deadline, you are required to meet with Dr. Fulton, BHA Program Director, for an interview. The interview is an important part of the application process.
The application packet is due: (if the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday, application is due by NOON next working day)
Application Deadline for spring - October 1
Application Deadline for fall - March 1
Applications are to be turned in to Ms. Julie Carroll in the HA Office - Encino Hall 250.
NOTE: All students are required to complete a residency for the BHA. The Joint Commission requires accredited healthcare facilities to complete criminal background checks on all employees. Therefore, a background check is required during your 3rd semester (enrollment in HA 4141) prior to the residency semester. If there is any reason that could prevent your placement at a facility, you will be asked to meet with the BHA Program Director and/or the Field Placement Coordinator to determine if you will be able to complete the residency requirement.
If you are NOT already a student, contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
The deadline is March 1st for fall and October 1st for spring.